Our habits evolve from our formative and younger days. When we were children, we observed and grasped things faster, we absorbed ideas and ideologies from our immediate surroundings. Then came the phase of adolescence when we began to question authority, seemingly so, even those that made sense. Why?
It could be because, adolescence is the phase when we begin to think independently and for ourselves. However, it is also the time when we get influenced by newer people and different lifestyles. How is it that, a child who knows about the evil of drugs, becomes the one to abuse it when he/she is a teenager? It’s due to influence, curiosity, and attraction. Similarly, our brain learns about things that we allow ourselves to be curious about. There are no limits to the amount of information, the human brain is capable of retaining. This article shall shed some light on improving brain functioning, through some simple tips.
Billy loved skateboarding, but his parents hated the idea of him wasting all his time doing just that. Now take a scenario, what if Billy takes his passion for skateboarding to the next level and further. Here is what he will need to do:
- Billy will need to learn all about how the skateboard came into existence. Who invented it, how did the inventor come about such a unique concept? How did he go about it?
- The next step will require that, the kid teaches himself to make a skateboard on his own, or with the help of a professional. If he really wants to learn, he’ll get a summer job and save his earnings, so as to pay for the lessons. While he does that, he will use every other waking hour trying to build himself a skateboard through blueprints and experimentation.
- Once he begins his lesson, he will pick up the tricks and the dynamics that goes into making a functional skateboard.
- Progress begins from here onwards. Once he learns the basics, he should allow himself to remain curious. Why is it that curiosity is so important here? It’s simple, curiosity will help him get attracted to the possibility of learning more and creating something new. Here, his thoughts will result into actions.
- Therefore, Billy should try to come up with his own designs, his own concepts, which will help make his skateboard different from the others. Initially, his designs may fail or succeed. Either way, he should keep experimenting with newer ideas and alter his design.
- The whole endeavor may take a few months or years, depending on how well he has grasped the concepts. Nonetheless, he will be doing something of his own, while continually sharpening his skills.
- You may never know, Billy’s skateboards may be appreciated by people, who would be interested in purchasing them. Thus comes in his scope for making a living through his passion.
The idea behind this example was, that we can learn the basics about the things that are important to us and things that matter in the broader spectrum of the world. There is a very fine line between the two.